Holowesko Scores For Shoremen In The Loss
CARLISLE, Pa. — Lycoming scored the last three goals of the game to post a 3-1 win over Washington College in a non-conference men's soccer game played this afternoon on Miller Memorial Field at the Dickinson College Tournament in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Lycoming 3, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- The Shoremen got on the board with 27:20 to go until halftime, as Michael Holowesko finished off a corner kick assist from James Strine.
- Lycoming leveled the score at 1-1 with 14:59 to go in the first half as Jordan Logan finished a pass from Jake Webb.
- The Warriors doubled up the Shoremen 10-5 in shots in the opening half, a half that also saw a combined 21 fouls.
- Lycoming took the lead just 2:59 into the second half as Daniel Anwanwan finished off an assist from Abdullahi Abdi.
- The Warriors pushed the lead to 3-1 with 32:10 to go on an unassisted goal from Duc Momo.
- Skyler Clark had the last shot on goal for the Shoremen with 15:21 to go, but it was saved. It was the last shot that either team would take in the contest.
For the Shoremen (0-4)
- Scorers: Holowesko (one goal), Strine (one assist).
- Goalkeeper: Gavin Campbell (eight saves, three goals allowed, 90:00).
For Lycoming (5-0)
- Scorers: Logan (one goal), Anwanwan (one goal), Momo (one goal), Webb (one assist), Abdi (one assist)
- Goalkeeper: Chris Solecki (three saves, one goal allowed, 90:00).
- Lycoming held an 18-8 advantage in shots in the game.
- The game was a physical affair that saw a combined 39 fouls and seven yellow cards.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/13 v. Salisbury - 6:00 p.m.
- It will be the home opener for the Shoremen, who went 7-3 at home last year.