Bull, Jenkins Score in Loss for Shoremen
CARLISLE, Pa. — Host Dickinson College scored what would prove to be the game-winning goal in the 81st minute of a back-and-forth 3-2 Centennial Conference men's soccer victory over visiting Washington College tonight in Carlisle, Pa.
Dickinson 3, Washington College 2
How It Happened
- Dickinson had three shots on goal in the first eight minutes of the game.
- Brian Graham rang a shot off the post for the Shoremen in the 10th minute and Kyle Gaeffke had two saved by Dickinson goalkeeper Frederick Meagher in the 16th and 19th minutes, respectively.
- The Red Devils got on the board via a free-kick goal by Austin Thames at 27:12.
- The Shoremen evened the score at 1-1 on a free-kick goal off their own off the foot of Griffin Bull at 34:41.
- Dickinson regained the lead on a goal by Will Bracken off a Thomas assist at 38:59.
- Meagher saved a potential game-tying shot by Gaeffke in the 56th minute. Meagher stopped another potential goal, this one from Christian Keller, in the 74th and one from Bull in the 79th.
- Del Jenkins tied up the score for the Shoremen at the 78:38 mark when he drove home a ball that had come loose when Meager misplayed a long free kick.
- The Red Devils scored the game-winner at 80:44 as Mascen Pritchard scored off an assist from Ward Van de Water.
For the Shoremen (3-8, 1-4 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Bull (goal), Jenkins (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Samuels (3 saves, 0 goals allowed, 9:39); Gavin Campbell (1 save, 3 goals allowed, 80:21)
- The Shoremen held a 15-10 advantage in shots and a 7-4 edge in corner kicks in the game.
For Dickinson (8-3-1, 3-1-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Thames (goal, assist), Bracken (goal), Pritchard (goal), Van de Water (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Frederick Meagher (5 saves, 2 goals allowed, 78:38); John Baney (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 11:22)
- The goal for Jenkins was the first of his collegiate career.
Up Next for the Shoremen
10/10 v. Catholic - 7:00 p.m.