NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Case Western Reserve, ranked 15th in Division III and fourth in the Central Region, topped Washington College, 9-0, in a non-conference men's tennis match played in Newport News, Va., today. The Spartans improved to 3-3 overall with the win, while the Shoremen took the loss in their first dual match of the season.
#15 Case Western Reserve 9, Washington College 0
- Case's James Fojtasek and Matthew Chen defeated Luke Weaver and Justin Panepinto, 8-3, at No. 1.
- The Spartans picked up an 8-2 victory at No. 2 as Zach Hennessey and Anthony Kanam downed Kyle Hickey and Andrew Smith.
- Case's Neil Mabee and Jonathan Powell were 8-0 winners over Chris Salisbury and John Niswander at No. 3.
- Rob Stroup bested Salisbury, 7-6 (5), 6-4, at No. 1.
- Siddharth Rajupet downed Weaver, 6-0, 7-5, at No. 2.
- Kanam beat Koby Bonta, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 3.
- Sam Concannon defeated Hickey, 6-2, 6-2, at No. 4.
- Earl Hsieh topped Panepinto and Henry Squire beat Smith at No. 5 and No. 6, respectively, by identical 6-1, 6-2, scores.
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/2 v. College of Charleston - 4:30 p.m.
- The match against Division I College of Charleston will be the Shoremen's home opener.