WAKEFIELD, R.I. — The Washington College sailing team finished 18th of 18 teams at the Moody Trophy, hosted by the University of Rhode Island, this weekend.
How It Happened
- Washington placed 18th in both A Division and B Division.
- Skipper Paul Hart sailed with crew Ellie Lienert for the first six A Division races and with crew Griff Rodrigue for the remaining A Division races.
- Skipper Will Sunkler and crew Allison Cochran sailed the first three B Division races for Washington. Skipper Henry Proud sailed with crew Andrew Vernon in the next three. Sunkler and Vernon sailed the remaining B Division races.
- A 12th-place finish in race 5B by Proud and Vernon was Washington's best individual race finish of the weekend.
- Six races in each division sailed on Saturday. Four more races sailed in each division on Sunday.
- St. Mary's, Yale, and Harvard took the top three spots overall at the regatta, respectively.
Up Next for the Washington College Sailing Team
10/14-15 @ Luce Regatta (hosted by Cornell)
- The top six finishing teams at the Luce Regatta will qualify for the final six spots at the War Memorial, the MAISA Fall Co-Ed Dinghy Championships.