Buckman Drives In Two
HAVERFORD, Pa. — Haverford scored seven runs in the bottom of the second inning en route to a 13-3 win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference baseball game played today at Kannerstein Field in Haverford, Pennsylvania.
Haverford 13, Washington College 3
How It Happened
- The Shoremen put runners on second and third with one out in the top of the second, but could not score.
- The Fords took control of the game with seven runs in the bottom of the second. Luke Wallis started the inning with a leadoff home run to left field to put the Fords ahead 1-0. Haverford then loaded the bases with nobody away and two runs would score on an infield throwing error to put the Fords ahead 3-0. The lead grew to 4-0 thanks to a Nick Perez sacrifice bunt, which brought in Sam Partee. Will Karp followed with a single to right field which brought in Jared Turner, and Karp would then steal third base and score on a throwing error to push the lead to 6-0. Wallis pushed the lead to 7-0 with a sac bunt of his own, which scored Ethan Lee-Tyson.
- Haverford added another run in the bottom of the third when Turner doubled to left center field, scoring Zach Landry to push the lead to 8-0.
- The Shoremen got two runs back in the top of the fourth when Tommy Buckman doubled to right center, bringing home Jack Kingman and Luke D'Ostilio to cut the lead to 8-2.
- A leadoff home run to right field from Lee-Tyson in the bottom of the fourth inning gave Haverford a 9-2 lead.
- Perez drove in the 10th run of the day for Haverford on a bunt single, scoring Partee in the bottom of the fifth. Harrison Burns made it a 12-2 game when he singled to right, scoring Perez and Turner. Landry drew a bases loaded walk later in the inning, forcing in Lee-Tyson to give the Fords a 13-2 lead after five innings.
- The Shoremen cut the lead to 13-3 in the top of the sixth when Aaron Barclay stole third base and scored on a throwing error.
For the Shoremen (24-12 Overall, 6-9 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Buckman (double, two RBI, walk), D'Ostilio (two walks, run), Barclay (run, stolen base), Chris Baker (hit, stolen base), Dylan Nepert (hit), Kingman (run).
- Pitching: Jonah Frankel (loss, 3-3, 1.1 innings, four hits, seven runs, three earned, one walk, one strikeout), Ethan Kile (1.2 innings, three hits, two runs, zero walks, zero strikeouts), Alex Bendzlowicz (1.2 innings, four hits, four runs, three walks, two strikeouts), Connor Morgan (2.1 innings, zero hits, zero runs, one walk, two strikeouts), Dom Giandonato (one inning, one hit, zero runs, zero walks, zero strikeouts).
- The Shoremen had three hits in the loss, drew four walks, and left six runners on base.
- Washington committed two errors, leading to four unearned runs for the Fords.
For Haverford (16-16 Overall, 9-6 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Burns (2-for-3, two RBI, two walks, stolen base), Turner (2-for-4, double, RBI, two runs, stolen base), Wallis (home run, two RBI, walk, run), Lee-Tyson (home run, RBI, walk, three runs, stolen base), Perez (hit, two RBI, run), Karp (hit, RBI, run, two stolen bases), Landry (hit, RBI, walk, two runs), Partee (double, two runs), Owen Plambeck (hit, run).
- Pitching: Luke Durris (win, 3-3, six innings, two hits, three runs, two earned, four walks, five strikeouts), Andrew Johnson (one inning, zero hits, zero runs, zero walks, zero strikeouts), Eric Kopcynski (two innings, one hit, zero runs, zero walks, zero strikeouts).
- The Fords picked up 12 hits in the win, drew five walks, and left eight runners on base.
- Haverford committed two errors, leading to one unearned run for the Shoremen.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/24 @ Lancaster Bible - 3:30 p.m.