Remenapp, Davis, Dudley Score One Goal Each for Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The host Washington College field hockey team got goals from three different players as the Shorewomen topped visiting Lynchburg, 3-1, in a non-conference game this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 3, Lynchburg 1
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen scored on the first shot of the game as Allison Remenapp got a goal to trickle in during a penalty corner off a pass from Maggie Cancelmo with 28:48 remaining in the first half.
- The Hornets' lone shot of the first half came with 12:15 on the clock when a shot by Hannah Krause was stopped by Washington goalkeeper Morgan Domanico.
- Despite giving up the early goal, Lynchburg keeper Beka Hess had an impressive first half, making seven saves, including two in the final two minutes of the period.
- Lynchburg opened the second half with a flurry as Kayla Copeman got off three shots in sequence a minute into the period, but Domanico turned away two and the third went wide.
- The Shorewomen got their second goal with 32:17 to play when Elizabeth Davis blasted in a shot from the left of the goal, just inside the circle, off a penalty corner inset from Sophie Grabiec.
- Alli Dudley fired in a hard shot off a rebound following a shot from Jen Tordella to make the score 3-0 with 26:20 remaining.
- Lynchburg scored its goal on a penalty stroke by Nicole Simpao with 6:38 left.
For the Shorewomen (3-6)
- Scorers: Remenapp (1 goal), Davis (1 goal), Dudley (1 goal), Cancelmo (1 assist), Grabiec (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Domanico (6 saves, 1 goal allowed, 70:00)
- The Shorewomen put 12 of their 15 shots on goal and had seven penalty corners in the game.
- Natalie Theriault picked up a defensive save for the Shorewomen.
For Lynchburg (3-4)
- Scorers: Simpao (1 goal)
- Goalkeeper: Hess (9 saves, 3 goals allowed, 70:00)
- The Hornets put eight of their 13 shots on goal and recorded seven penalty corners in the contest.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/5 @ Swarthmore - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Game)