Marshall Scores Team-Best 18 Points and Brown Tallies Double-Double with 12 Points and 10 Boards
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting Ursinus shot 62% from the floor and got a double-double of 26 points and 10 rebounds from Ryan McTamney in an 80-66 win against host Washington College on Wednesday evening at the Cain Athletic Center in Centennial Conference men's basketball action. The Bears improve to 12-10 overall and 7-8 in the Centennial, while the Shoremen fall to 7-15 and 5-10 respectively.
Ursinus 80 Washington College 66
How It Happened
- The Bears raced out to a quick 7-0 lead following a three-pointer by Jimmy Kpadeh just 2:04 into the game as he scored five of Ursinus' first seven points.
- Washington stormed back with 12 straight points to lead 12-7 with 15:13 to go in the first half on a three-pointer by Alec Lewis.
- Ursinus roared back with eight unanswered points to lead 20-17 with 11:58 left on a McTamney lay-in.
- Each team scored 17 points the rest of the first half as the Bears took a 37-34 lead into halftime.
- In the second half, the Shoremen scored the first five points to regain the lead at 39-37 on a Dallas Marshall triple.
- Tied at 45-45, McTamney netted a jumper to put Ursinus ahead for good at 47-45 with 14:40 to go and he scored eight consecutive points them take a 53-45 on a McTamney lay-in with 12:54 left. It was part of a 13-2 run that saw the Bears take their first double-digit lead of the game at 58-47 with 9:37 left following a Ryan Hughes three.
- The closest WC got the rest of the way was six following a dunk by Daniel Brown, 63-57 with 5:33 to go.
- After neither side scored for one-minute-and-49-seconds, McTamney canned a three from the right side to make it 66-57 and ignited a game-closing 17-9 run for the visitors.
For The Shoremen (7-15, 5-10 CC)
- Marshall (team-high 18 points), Brown (12 points and tied for game-high with 10 rebounds for double-double in addition to two steals), Lewis (15 points and two steals)
- The Shoremen shot 34% (25-for-73) from the floor, 25% (7-for-28) from three-point range and 75% (9-for-12) from the foul line.
- Washington outscored the Bears in points off turnovers (21-4), second-chance points (14-3), transition points (7-4) and bench points (8-5).
- The Shoremen committed a season-low five turnovers.
For Ursinus (12-10, 7-8 CC)
- McTamney (game-best 26 points and 10 boards to tie for tops in game for double-double), Bruce Edwards (15 points, three blocks and two steals), Kpadeh (game-best 10 assists), Hughes (12 points), George Gordon (17 points)
- The Bears shot 62% (31-for-50) from the floor, 62% (8-for-13) from three-point range and 77% (10-for-13) from the free throw stripe.
- Ursinus outscored WC in points in the paint, 40-30, and outrebounded the hosts by a 39-31 margin.
- The Bears had 17 turnovers in the contest.
- Marshall was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Player of the Game.
2/15 v. Gettysburg – 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- Senior Day and regular season home finale.
- Washington won a double-overtime thriller 100-99 on January 18 in Gettysburg.