PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — The Washington College men's rowing team opened its fall regatta schedule today at the Navy Day Regatta in Philadelphia.
Navy Day Regatta
How It Happened
- The Shoremen's first race of the day was the men's collegiate four. Washington's entry placed ninth of 12 boats in the race in 15:21.34, beating out a pair of boats from Division I schools in the process. Saint Joseph's "A" boat won the race in 14:25.00, New York Maritime "A" was second in 14:34.86, and Saint Joseph's "B" was third in 14:37.53.
- Washington's entry in the men's open/collegiate eight finished 16th of 25 boats in 13:27.36, defeating seven boats from Division I schools. The Shoremen were the highest-finishing boat from a Division III school in the race. Navy won the race in 12:09.71, Drexel's "A" boat was second in 12:14.06, and Syracuse's "A" boat was third in 12:14.63.
- The Shoremen finished the day with a pair of entries in the 13-boat men's collegiate frosh/novice four. Washington's "A" boat was eighth in 15:05.54, while the "B" boat was ninth in 16:18.87. Both boats beat out three boats from Division I schools. Penn's "A" boat won the race in 14:32.72, followed by Navy's "B" boat in 14:36.34 and George Washington in 14:40.54.
Shoremen Boat Line-Ups
- Open/Collegiate Eight: John Gould (coxswain), Zee Ali (stroke), Mark Boissonneault (seven), Ian Briggs (six), Ryan Miranda (five), Teddy Connell (four), Joe Stockburger (three), Chris Eggstein (two), Samson Ramasamy (bow).
- Collegiate Four: Tori Swanson (coxswain), Ethan LaLumia (stroke), Theo Aris (three), Jeffrey Wrobel (two), Matt Dimond (bow).
- Collegiate Frosh/Novice Four "A": Alex Kincaid (coxswain), John Bruno (stroke), Dimond (three), Daniel Benton (two), Ethan Grugan (bow).
- Collegiate Frosh/Novice Four "B": Jacob Yallof (coxswain), Lee Potter (stroke), Nate Bonsib (three), Andrew Walters (two), Chuck Marchesani (bow).
Up Next for the Shoremen
10/18 @ Head of the Charles (Boston, Mass.)