WORCESTER, Mass. — The Washington College men's rowing team competed in a regatta against host WPI, Trinity, Ithaca, Colby, and New Hampshire this morning on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass. The Shoremen's first, second, and third varsity eights all took fourth in their respective races. It was the first of two regattas in Worcester this weekend for the Shoremen.
Shoremen @ WPI w/ Colby, Ithaca, New Hampshire, Trinity
How It Happened
- The Shoremen's first varsity eight had a fourth-place time of 6:08.53. WPI won the race in 5:58.93, Trinity was second in 6:05.18, and Ithaca third in 6:05.53. Colby (fifth in 6:11.43) and New Hampshire (sixth in 6:19.33) rounded out the race.
- Washington's second varsity eight finished in 6:28.1 and edging out fifth-place Ithaca (6:29.0) by less than one second. WPI won the race in 6:12.9, Trinity was second in 6:18.42, Colby took third in 6:24.61, and New Hampshire was sixth in 6:41.17.
- The fourth-place time for the Shoremen's third varsity eight clocked in at 6:47.8. WPI "A" won the race in 6:23.1, Trinity was second in 6:25.84, WPI "B" third in 6:34.26, and Ithaca fifth in 6:50.87.
Shoremen Boat Line-Ups
- First Varsity Eight: John Gould (coxswain), Zee Ali (stroke), Joe Stockburger (seven), Ian Briggs (six), Ryan Miranda (five), Chris Eggstein (four), Samson Ramasamy (three), Sean Haynie (two), Mark Boissonneault (bow)
- Second Varsity Eight: Alex Kincaid (coxswain), Daniel Benton (stroke), Matt Dimond (seven), John Bruno (six), T. Ian Flinn (five), Cody Bistline (four), Jeffrey Wrobel (three), Brett Van Hoven (two), Lee Potter (bow)
- Third Varsity Eight: Jacob Yallof (coxswain), Nate Bonsib (stroke), Ethan Grugan (seven), Teddy Connell (six), Jack Despeaux (five), Ethan LaLumia (four), Nick Misata (three), Andrew Walters (two), Brandon Toth (bow)
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/17 @ Baker Cup (Worcester, Mass.)