Strine, Urbanski Score for Shoremen
LYNCHBURG, Va. — Visiting Washington College played to a 2-2 double-overtime tie with host Randolph College in a non-conference men's soccer game this afternoon in Lynchburg, Va.
Washington College 2, Randolph 2 (2OT)
How It Happened
- The Shoremen got on the board first in the 11th minute when Zack Urbanski scored, but the WildCats evened the score the very next minute on a goal by Adam Watson.
- Washington went back in front, 2-1, on a goal by James Strine at the 16:12 mark.
- The WildCats leveled the score at 1-1 when Gunnar Copeland found Watson with a pass up the middle for Watson's second goal of the game at 68:37.
- There were several scoring chances in the waning moments of regulation. Copeland had a shot saved by Washington goalkeeper Josh Samuels in the 89th. Also in the 89th, Washington's Greg Adams had a shot blocked out front and with just seconds to go in regulation, Watson sent a header wide off a corner kick.
- In the first overtime, Evan Blow sent a shot high for the WildCats in the 96th minute.
- Copeland headed a ball wide in the 102nd for the first shot of the second overtime.
- Strine had the crossbar with a shot for the Shoremen in the 106th minute.
- Watson got off the last shot of the game, which was blocked, in the 110th minute.
For the Shoremen (2-1-1)
- Scorers: Urbanski (goal), Strine (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Samuels (2 saves, 2 goals allowed, 90:00)
For Randolph (1-1-2)
- Scorers: Watson (2 goals), Copeland (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Austin Collier (3 saves, 2 goals allowed, 45:00); Erick Cortez-Martinez (3 saves, 0 goals allowed, 45:00)
- The WildCats held a 19-11 advantage in shots and an 8-4 edge in corner kicks.
9/12 @ Salisbury - 4 p.m.