Graham Scores Two Goals for Shoremen in Win
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Brian Graham scored the first two goals of the game as the host Washington College men's soccer team defeated visiting Wesley, 4-0, in a non-conference game this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 4, Wesley 0
How It Happened
- The Shoremen had the first good scoring chance of the game in the 28th minute as James Strine had a shot saved by Wesley goalkeeper Jason Sommer that rebounded back out into the field of play right in front of the goal. Kevin Sawyer then took a shot for the Shoremen that was played off the line by a Wesley defender.
- Graham put the Shoremen on the board with a penalty kick at the 35:20 mark.
- Graham scored again, this time off a rebound of a shot taken by Sawyer and saved by Sommer, at the 38:51 mark to up the lead to 2-0.
- The lead grew to 3-0 before halftime when Liam Mansfield sent in a shot off the post off an assist from Remy Kriz at 43:20.
- Greg Adams finished the scoring with a goal at 88:12 off a pass ahead from Eric Gwadz.
For the Shoremen (3-3-1)
- Scorers: Graham (2 goals), Mansfield (goal), Adams (goal), Sawyer (assist), Kriz (assist), Gwadz (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Josh Samuels (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Shoremen held an 11-9 advantage in shots and a 5-2 edge in corner kicks.
For Wesley (6-1)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Sommer (2 saves, 4 goals allowed, 90:00)
- Graham was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Player of the Game.
9/22 v. Ursinus - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)