Keller Scores On Assist From Graham
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Dickinson and host Washington College each scored in the first half, but settled for a 1-1, double overtime tie in a Centennial Conference men's soccer game played tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 1, Dickinson 1 (2OT)
How It Happened
- Dickinson took a 1-0 lead 6:55 into the contest as Ronan Higgins found the rebound along the goal line off of a Ward Van de Water shot, slid a pass by a couple of Shoremen defenders, and found Kevin Gilbert in front of the goal, who finished from the right side.
- The Shoremen tied the game at 1-1 with 25:43 to go in the opening half when Christian Keller headed a throw in from Brian Graham off the right post and into the net.
- Washington held a 14-6 advantage in shots in the opening half of play.
- Dickinson put one shot on goal in the second half, a shot from Mohamed Kourouma with 26:27 to play that was saved by Shoremen goalkeeper Josh Samuels. Washington put four shots on goal in the second half of play, the last one coming from Greg Adams with 2:39 to go, which was stopped by Dickinson goalkeeper Frederick Meagher.
- The Shoremen held a 21-11 advantage in shots at the end of regulation.
- Dickinson had all three shots and the only corner kick of the first overtime period, as Will Brock put a shot wide following the corner with 2:35 to play, which would be the last shot of the first overtime.
- Graham sent a shot wide to the right 3:44 into the second overtime, and James Strine had a shot blocked with 4:53 to go. Gilbert took the last shot of the night for Dickinson with 4:28 to play, a shot that missed wide to the left.
- Strine would take a corner kick for the Shoremen with just over 20 seconds to play, but it was deflected out of bounds and the clock ran out as the game ended in a tie.
For the Shoremen (4-4-3 Overall, 1-2-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Keller (goal), Graham (assist).
- Goalkeeper: Samuels (three saves, one goal allowed, 110:00).
- Washington held a 23-15 advantage in shots and a 4-3 edge in corner kicks.
For Dickinson (7-3-2 Overall, 3-1-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Gilbert (goal), Higgins (assist).
- Goalkeeper: Meagher (seven saves, one goal allowed, 110:00).
- Graham was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Player Of The Game on the webcast of the game for the third time in his career.
- The tie is the second straight for the Shoremen, who played a scoreless tie with McDaniel last Saturday night.
Up Next for the Shoremen
10/9 @ Catholic - 7:00 p.m.
- The Shoremen defeated Catholic 1-0 last year and have beaten the Cardinals in each of the last three seasons.