Adams, Kriz Tally One Goal, One Assist Each
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The host Washington College men's soccer team scored a season-high five goals and won its final non-conference game of the season tonight, topping visiting Goucher, 5-2, on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 5, Goucher 2
How It Happened
- The Shoremen got on the board just 3:18 into the game when Brian Graham headed in a ball off a long cross from the right side delivered by Christian Keller.
- Michael St. Ledger evened the game at 1-1 for the Gophers at 24:53 when he headed in a ball in front that had originally been headed by a Shoremen player.
- Washington regained the lead just 14 seconds later when Greg Adams scored from the right side of the box off an assist from Frank Koons at 25:07.
- The Shoremen tacked on their third goal before the second half was even 90 seconds old as Joe Mutscheller found the back of the net off a pass from Kevin Sawyer at 46:26.
- Remy Kriz tacked on the Shoremen's fourth goal from 20 yards out off an Adams assist at 75:31.
- Sean Garin headed in the Shoremen's final goal of the game off a corner kick from Remy Kriz at 83:54.
- The Gophers picked up their second goal of the contest when Brandon Cohen scored off an assist from Jack Tchantchuing-Ngoko at 85:20.
For the Shoremen (6-7-3)
- Scorers: Adams (goal, assist), Kriz (goal, assist), Graham (goal), Mutscheller (goal), Garin (goal), Keller (assist), Koons (assist), Sawyer (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Gavin Campbell (3 saves, 2 goals allowed, 90:00)
For Goucher (5-11-1)
- Scorers: St. Ledger (goal), Tchantchuing-Ngoko, Cohen (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Daniel Hendry (1 save, 5 goals allowed, 90:00)
- Goucher held a 14-13 advantage in shots and 10-6 advantage in corner kicks.
- Garin was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Player of the Game.
- Garin, Kriz, and Mutscheller each scored their first career collegiate goals in the win.
- Tonight's game marked the first time the Shoremen have scored five goals in a game since a 5-3 win over Swarthmore on October 25th.
10/27 v. Muhlenberg - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- The game against Muhlenberg will be the Shoremen's Senior Night and season finale.