Quattro and Krahling Score Eight Each To Lead WC
GETTYSBURG, Pa. – Host Gettysburg never trailed on its way to a 63-42 over visiting Washington College on Saturday afternoon at Bream Gym in Centennial Conference women's basketball action. The Bullets are now 5-0 overall and 3-0 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen drop to 2-3 and 1-2 respectively.
Gettysburg 63 Washington College 42
How It Happened
- The Bullets pushed a 10-5 lead with 4:41 remaining in the first quarter into a 17-7 lead after one. The Bullets held the Shorewomen without a field goal for the final 7:21 of the opening 10 minutes.
- In the second quarter, the Shorewomen got the first four points to cut the Gettysburg's lead to 17-11 with 8:51 left in the second on a hoop by Emily Thiemann before Gettysburg answered with 15 straight points to take a 32-11 lead with 4:08 to go in the second on a layup by Ashley Gehrin. The hosts would take a 37-18 lead into halftime.
- Washington would trim the Gettysburg lead to 39-25 just 1:42 into the third on a Alexis Krahling three-pointer, but Gettysburg outscored WC 17-4 the rest of the quarter to take a 56-29 lead after three. Included in that was a 15-0 run by the hosts after the Shorewomen cut it to 39-25 to make it a 54-25 with 3:49 remaining on a bunny by Emily Gibbons.
- The Shorewomen outscored the Bullets in the fourth quarter by a 13-7 count.
For The Shorewomen (2-3, 1-2 CC)
- Krahling (eight points), Cassidy Quattro (eight points, five rebounds, two blocks and two steals), Thiemann (five boards and two steals).
- Washington shot 30% from the field (14-for-46), 43% from three-point range (3-for-7) and 65% from the foul line (11-for-17).
- Washington had 28 turnovers in the contest.
- The Shorewomen won the rebounding margin over the Bullets by a 40-32 count.
For Gettysburg (5-0, 3-0 CC)
- Gehrin (14 points), Kendra Meredith (12 points and game-highs of five assists and five steals), Gibbons and Meredith Brown (five rebounds).
- The Bullets tallied advantages in second chance points (10-8), bench points (19-16), points in the paint (44-10), fast break points (14-0) and second chance points (10-8).
- Gettysburg shot 44% from the field (27-for-62), 20% from behind the arc (3-for-15) and 40% from foul line (6-for-15).
- The Bullets had 14 turnovers in the win.
- The Shorewomen shot a season high from behind the arc at 43%.
12/6 v. Bryn Mawr – 6:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- WC won both meetings last year.