HAVERFORD, Pa. — Haverford's Julianna Clark scored 27 points and the host Fords used a 20-0 second quarter en route to a 65-28 win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference women's basketball game played tonight at Gooding Arena in Haverford, Pennsylvania.
Haverford 65, Washington College 28
How It Happened
- Clark opened the scoring for the Fords with a three pointer 46 seconds into the game, which kickstarted a 15-2 run to start the game and helped stake Haverford to a 17-7 lead after the opening quarter. Clark scored 14 of Haverford's 17 points in the first.
- Haverford scored all 20 points in the second quarter to build a 37-7 lead at the halftime break.
- Crystal Jones made a layup with 6:39 to go in the third quarter to snap a streak of 13:44 in which the Shorewomen did not score a point.
- The Fords, however, would outscore Washington 15-9 in the third quarter to take a 52-16 lead into the final quarter of play.
- Haverford outscored Washington 13-12 in the final quarter to set the final margin.
For the Shorewomen (6-7 Overall, 3-5 Centennial Conference)
- Emilee Cramer (six points, two blocks), Taylor Samuels (two blocks), Madeline Williams (three assists).
- The Shorewomen shot 20.7% (12-for-58) from the floor in the loss, 22.2% (4-for-18) from three point range, and did not attempt a single free throw in the game.
- Washington turned the ball over 12 times, while forcing 14 turnovers by Haverford.
For Haverford (10-2 Overall, 7-0 Centennial Conference)
- Clark (27 points, seven rebounds, two steals), Anna-Sophia Capizzi (18 points, six rebounds), Nyla Robinson (game bests of four assists, four steals), Cortlyn Morris (game high three blocks).
- The Fords shot 41.5% (22-for-53) from the floor in the win, 43.8% (7-for-16) from three point range, and 82.4% (14-for-17) at the free throw line.
- Haverford held a commanding 48-27 advantage in rebounding.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/11 v. Johns Hopkins - 3:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game).