Dudley Tallies Six Assists in Win
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Junior attacker Alli Dudley (New Windsor, Md./Francis Scott Key) handed out six assists - including five in the first half - as host Washington College cruised to a 14-5 non-conference women's lacrosse win over St. Joseph's College of Long Island tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 14, St. Joseph's (L.I.) 5
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen raced out to a 9-1 halftime lead, scoring their ninth goal when Lexi Rullo found the back of the net off a feed from Dudley with 3:48 left in the half. Autumn Spence controlled the ensuing draw and Washington ran off the remaining time in the period without taking a shot.
- Washington scored on its first two shots of the second half to take an 11-1 lead when Dudley recorded her sixth assist on a goal by Katherine Vincent with 23:13 left in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored the next three goals to get back to within seven, but the Shorewomen scored three of the game's final four to provide the final margin.
For the Shorewomen (4-3)
- Scorers: Dudley (6 assists), Carley Kendall (3 goals, 1 assist), Rachael Shaw (3 goals), Vincent (2 goals, 2 assists), Kristy Grovom (2 goals, 1 assist), Rullo (2 goals), Cecily Docktor (1 goal), Madison Acra (1 goal)
- Goalies: Maddie Mullen (3 saves, 2 goals allowed, 41:07), Haylee Solomon (1 save, 2 goals allowed, 12:13), Megan Voss (2 saves, 1 goal allowed, 6:40).
- Anna Inserra had seven draw controls and four ground balls for the Shorewomen.
- Washington had a 32-13 advantage in shots in the game, including a 20-5 advantage in the first half.
- The Shorewomen defense contributed to 23 St. Joseph's turnovers as the Golden Eagles were just 13-for-24 on clears.
For St. Joseph's (L.I.) (2-3)
- Scorers: Heather Ferchland (2 goals), Krstin Carroll (1 goal, 1 assist), Meaghan Haber (1 goal), Nicole Stoppelli (1 goal), Jessica Cordano (1 assist)
- Goalies: Lindsay Ramos (5 saves, 9 goals allowed, 30:00), Darrien Diaz (3 saves, 5 goals allowed, 30:00)
- Grovom and Rullo scored their first career collegiate goals in the game.
- Dudley's six assists were one shy of the single-game school record. Four times a Shorewoman has had seven assists in a single game, the most recent of those occasions was when Dudley handed out seven in a 24-14 win over Susquehanna on March 7th, 2014.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
3/26 v. Rowan - 1:00 p.m.