Vincent Scores Two Goals in Loss for Shorewomen
LANCASTER, Pa. — Fifth-ranked Gettysburg scored six of the game's seven second-half goals en route to a 10-4 win over Washington College in a Centennial Conference women's lacrosse semifinal game this afternoon at Franklin & Marshall College. The Bullets (15-2) move on to tomorrow's championship game against the host Diplomats, while the Shorewomen finish their season at 11-7.
#5 Gettysburg 10, Washington College 4 (Centennial Conference Semifinal)
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen got on the board first when Katherine Vincent scored off a Cecily Docktor assist with 23:04 left in the first half, but the Bullets tied the score up quickly, getting a goal from Emily Tropsa just 29 seconds later. Washington regained the lead on a Docktor goal off a Carley Kendall assist with 19:37 remaining in the period, but the Bullets answered again just 1:34 later as Amanda Borucki found the back of the net to even the score at 2-2.
- Abby Baigelman put the Bullets in front, 3-2, with a goal off a Borucki assist with 13:01 to go before halftime, but this time it was Washington leveling the score on a Kendall goal with 11:12 left. The Bullets retook the lead with 2:51 on the clock when Maggie Welsh scored off a Katie Landry feed as Gettysburg brought a 4-3 advantage into the intermission.
- The Bullets scored three of the first four goals in the second half in a span of lest than two minutes to open up a 7-4 lead. Maggie Connolly scored off a Borucki assist 30 seconds in and Emma Christie netted a free-position goal with 29:09 to go before Vincent scored a free-position goal with 28:36 left. The Bullets answered 25 seconds later with another Connolly goal.
- Landry tacked on Gettysburg's eighth goal with 21:08 to go as the Bullets opened up a four-goal advantage. She added their ninth goal with 12:16 to go off a Baigelman assist. Katie Willis scored off a Connolly assist with 5:48 to go to provide the final margin.
For the Shorewomen (11-7)
- Scorers: Vincent (2 goals), Kendall (1 goal, 1 assist), Docktor (1 goal, 1 assist)
- Goalie: Haylee Solomon (14 saves, 10 goals allowed, 60:00)
For Gettysburg (15-2)
- Scorers: Connolly (2 goals, 1 assist), Landry (2 goals, 1 assist), Borucki (1 goal, 2 assists), Baigelman (1 goal, 1 assist), Christie (1 goal), Tropsa (1 goal), Welsh (1 goal), Willis (1 goal)
- Goalie: Shannon Keeler (4 saves, 4 goals allowed, 60:00)
- The Bullets won 12 of the game's 16 draws and had a 35-10 advantage in shots in the game.