Docktor Scores Goal and Hands Out Assist for Washington
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting #5 Salisbury scored all 10 goals in the second to turn a 6-4 lead into a 16-4 win over host Washington College in a non-conference women's lacrosse game on Saturday afternoon at Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
#5 Salisbury 16 Washington College 4
How It Happened
- Alissa Talbert opened the score 3:37 into the game to give the Sea Gulls a 1-0 lead before Caitlin Donovan answered for Washington from Cecily Docktor 40 seconds later to tie it at 1-1.
- Allie Hynson put Salisbury back ahead 2-1 with 17:34 left from Lindsey Wagner before the Shorewomen tied it at 2-2 just 56 ticks later on a Docktor goal from Alison Pantazes.
- Dana King scored on a free position shot to give the Sea Gulls a 3-2 lead with 13:14 left.
- Kristy Grovom leveled it at 3-3 with 8:16 remaining on an unassisted tally.
- Salisbury scored the next two goals by Krissy Murphy and King respectively to lead 5-3 with 6:24 to go in the first half as they scored twice in 39 seconds.
- The Shorewomen trimmed it to 5-4 with 4:31 remaining in the first when Lauren Brenner rebounded her own miss.
- Gabrielle Mongno capped the first half scoring with 1:16 left on a feed from King as the guests took a 6-4 lead into halftime.
- Hynson scored from Talbert 2:33 into the second half to ignite the 10-0 second run half for Salisbury. After Hynson's goal, Salisbury scored two more goals in the next 1:45 to lead 9-4 with 25:42 left on a Taylor Poore score from Talbert.
- The Sea Gulls scored seven more times to round out the scoring.
For The Shorewomen (3-1)
- Scoring: Docktor (one goal and one assist)
- In Goal: Isabella Richardson (55:09, five saves, 14 goals), Victoria Shanerman (4:51, zero saves, two goals)
- Melissa Donato (two caused turnovers to tie for tops in game)
- Madison Schutz (three ground balls to lead team)
- Anna Bennett and Grovom (team-best three draw controls each)
- WC went 15-for-19 in clears, went 0-for-6 in free position shots and had 16 ground balls.
For #5 Salisbury (5-0)
- Scoring: King (three goals and one assist), Talbert (two goals and two assists), Skoglund (three goals), Poore (three goals), Hynson (two goals) Mongno, Murphy and Wagner (one goal and one assist)
- In Goal: Gianna Falcone (50:09, 11 saves, four goals and four ground balls to lead all players), Skye Graham (9:51, four saves, zero goals)
- Hynson (four draw controls to lead all players)
- Anna Wehland (two caused turnovers and three draws)
- The Sea Gulls went 19-for-21 in clears and had five more turnovers than WC, 16-11.
- Salisbury went 4-for-9 in free position chances and won the draws by an 11-10 count.
- The guests outshot the hosts, 30-27.
- Salisbury had 15 ground balls in the game.
- Docktor was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game during the webcast of the game.
3/13 @ Christopher Newport – 4:00 p.m. (non-conference game)
- The Shorewomen edged the Captains 10-9 last year in Chestertown.