Docktor Scores Six Points As Richardson Racks Up 14 Saves
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Host Washington College used a 5-0 run to hold off visiting Muhlenberg, 10-8, and remain undefeated in Centennial Conference play in a Centennial Conference women's lacrosse game played tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 10, Muhlenberg 8
How It Happened
- Muhlenberg took the lead just 1:06 into the game on an unassisted goal from Eliza Clark.
- The Shorewomen tied the game on an unassisted goal from Madison Acra with 26:35 to go in the half and took a 2-1 lead courtesy of a goal from Aubrey Robinson, coming off a Cecily Docktor assist, with 23:55 to play until halftime.
- The Mules scored the next three goals to grab a 4-2 lead with 6:45 to go in the half on a free position goal from Amanda Tullo. Jordy Bonvini scored the other two goals for the Mules during the run.
- Washington would score the last three goals of the half to take the lead into the locker room. Morgen Moran finished a free position shot to cut the lead to one, and Kristy Grovom tied the game 4-4 on an unassisted goal with 4:30 to go until halftime. Docktor then gave Washington the lead for good, scoring off a Robinson assist with 1:41 to go in the opening half to give the Shorewomen a 5-4 lead and cap the first half scoring.
- Acra opened the second half scoring with an unassisted goal with 23:53 to go to set the lead at 6-4, and Docktor capped the 5-0 run by finishing a free position shot with 17:41 to play to give the Shorewomen a 7-4 lead.
- Tullo ended the run and cut the lead to 7-5 by finishing her own free position chance with 16:35 to go, but Washington would score back-to-back goals by Lauren Brenner from Docktor and Alison Pantazes from Robinson with 14:18 and 12:58 to go respectively to give Washington its largest lead of the night at 9-5.
- Muhlenberg used a 3-0 run to slice the lead down to one at 9-8 with 2:52 to go following a goal from Taliah Carson. However, Anna Bennett would win the next draw for the Shorewomen, who would hold the ball until Acra completed her hat trick by finishing off an assist from Docktor with 1:25 to go to give Washington a 10-8 lead and cap the scoring.
For the Shorewomen (9-2 Overall, 4-0 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Docktor (2 goals, 3 assists), Acra (3 goals), Robinson (1 goal, 2 assists), Grovom (1 goal), Pantazes (1 goal), Brenner (1 goal), Moran (1 goal).
- Goalie: Isabella Richardson (14 saves, 8 goals allowed, 60:00).
- Madison Schutz turned in a strong defensive effort, leading the Shorewomen with four ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- The Shorewomen held a 24-21 edge in ground balls and were 19-for-24 on clearing attempts.
For Muhlenberg (5-5 Overall, 1-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Tullo (3 goals, 1 assist), Bonvini (3 goals), Clark (1 goal), Carson (1 goal).
- Goalie: Jordan Segrave (10 saves, 10 goals allowed, 57:02), Jordan Steinroeder (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 2:58 minutes).
- Caroline Dolan led all players with seven draw controls, while Kailey Fandl and Morgan Weiss each caused a game high four turnovers.
- Muhlenberg held a 35-30 advantage in shots, controlled 14 of the game's 20 draws, and forced 20 Washington turnovers while turning the ball over 16 times themselves.
- Richardson was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player Of The Game on the webcast of the game for the second time in her career. Her 14 saves tonight marks her fifth game this season in which she has posted a double digit save performance.
- Docktor has now scored at least five points in six consecutive games.
- Tonight's game is the third time this season in which the Shorewomen posted a 10-8 win. Washington also posted 10-8 wins against Albright and Lynchburg in the first two games of the season.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/14 v. Bryn Mawr - 1:00 p.m.
- The Shorewomen have won the last 22 meetings against Bryn Mawr, including an 18-0 shutout of the Owls last season.