Morris Scores for Shorewomen in Loss
WESTMINSTER, Md. — Host McDaniel College scored twice in each half to top visiting Washington College, 4-1, in a Centennial Conference women's soccer game this afternoon in Westminster, Md.
McDaniel 4, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- Hannah Schepers put an early shot on goal for the Green Terror in the second minute, but it was saved by Annalie Buscarino for the Shorewomen.
- Kristen Worry gave McDaniel a 1-0 lead with a goal at the 6:21 mark off an assist from Maddie Schwartz.
- Schepers had another shot saved by Buscarino in the 31st minute.
- Buscarino made a save on a shot by Cameron Hukill in the 42nd before Kathryn Dixon made the score 2-0 with a goal off a Taylor Clawson assist for the Green Terror at the 42:40 mark.
- Schwartz upped the lead to 3-0 with a goal at 52:13 off a Worry assist.
- Dixon scored her second goal of the game at 73:47 for a 4-0 Green Terror advantage.
- Parker Morris put the Shorewomen on the board with a penalty-kick goal at the 80:06 mark.
For the Shorewomen (4-5-2, 1-3-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Morris (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Buscarino (6 saves, 4 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Shorewomen tallied four shots in the game.
For McDaniel (9-2, 3-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Dixon (2 goals), Worry (goal, assist), Schwartz (goal, assist); Clawson (assist)
- Goalkeepers: Katherine Carstensen (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 79:54); Carly Perlman (0 saves, 1 goal allowed, 10:06)
- McDaniel finished the game with 15 shots and eight corner kicks.
10/12 @ Dickinson - 2 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)