ALLENTOWN, Pa. – Host Muhlenberg scored two goals in the first half and added a third goal in the second half to record a 3-0 win over visiting Washington College at Varsity Field in Centennial Conference women's soccer action on Saturday afternoon. The Mules improve to 8-6-2 overall and 3-5-2 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen conclude their campaign at 6-8-3 and 2-6-2 respectively.
Muhlenberg 3 Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Muhlenberg struck 6:28 into the contest when Mia Mullen found Cece Peden on a cross and her shot from the top of the box found the lower left corner of the goal to give the hosts a 1-0 lead.
- Alexandra Chirinkin pushed the Mules lead to 2-0 when she scored on a free kick from 30 yards out from the left side into the upper right corner of the net at the 13:45 mark.
- The Shorewomen got their first shot off with 46 seconds left in the first half by Elena Hilario, but her shot went wide to the left. The Mules held a 4-1 advantage in shots in the first 45 minutes.
- In the second half, Isabel Schwartz gave Muhlenberg a 3-0 edge as her chip shot hit the bottom of the crossbar and dropped into the goal in the 69th minute. Noemi Di Cori and Mullin registered assists on the score.
- Hilario had the Shorewomen's last chance to break up the shutout with just over two minutes remaining, but her shot was saved by Libby Juliano.
For The Shorewomen (6-8-3, 2-6-2 CC)
- Scorers: None
- Goalkeepers: Annalie Buscarino (1 save, 2 goals allowed, 45:00), Noah Smith (4 saves, 1 goal allowed, 45:00)
- Totaled five shots and one corner kick for the match.
For Muhlenberg (8-6-2, 3-5-2 CC)
- Scorers: Peden (goal), Chirinkin (goal), Schwartz (goal), Mullen (two assists), Di Cori (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Juliano (5 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- Took nine shots and registered two corners in the contest.