Katzman Clinches Victory with Win at No. 4 Singles
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The host Washington College women's tennis team picked up its second win of the season today, topping visiting Immaculata, 7-2, this afternoon in a non-conference match played inside the Johnson Fitness Center.
Washington College 7, Immaculata 2
- Sarah Bruno and Riley Katzman picked up the Shorewomen's first point with an 8-3 win over Susan Callahan and Caitlin Savage at No. 2.
- Alisha White and Ella Samer followed with an 8-1 victory against Caleigh Masterman and Morgan Jacob at No. 1, followed quickly by Mariah Thomas and Hayley Sanchez finishing their 8-4 win over Elizabeth Lipscomb and Jessica Dougherty at No. 3 to complete the doubles sweep for the Shorewomen.
- Samer picked up the Shorewomen's first singles win with a 6-0, 6-1, victory against Callahan at No. 2.
- Katzman clinched the victory for the Shorewomen by finishing a 6-1, 7-5, triumph over Savage at No. 4.
- Bruno added a 6-1, 6-2, win at No. 3 and White topped Masterman, 5-7, 6-2, 10-4, for a 7-0 Shorewomen lead.
- Lipscomb put the Mighty Macs on the board with a 6-3, 6-3, win against Thomas at No. 5 and Dougherty followed with a 6-1, 6-3, victory over Sanchez at No. 6.
- The Shorewomen improved to 2-3 with the win, while the Mighty Macs dropped to 5-6 with the loss.
3/27 @ Ursinus - 4 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)
- The match at Ursinus will be the Shorewomen's first Centennial Conference match of the season.