Hilty Tallies 13 Digs; Daunoras and Cochrane Chalk Up Four Blocks
BALTIMORE, Md. – The Washington College volleyball team fell to host Notre Dame (Md.) on Thursday night, 3-0 (25-20, 25-22, 25-19), in a non-conference volleyball match at the MBK Sports Center. The Gators improve to 16-2 on the year, while the Shorewomen drop to 7-13.
Washington College 3 Notre Dame 0 (25-20, 25-22, 25-19)
How It Happened
- In the first set, the Shorewomen and Gators were tied at 18-18 before the hosts rolled off seven of the final nine points to win set and clinched it on an attack error by the guests.
- Notre Dame jumped out to a 20-10 lead in the second set before Washington went on a 12-3 run to cut the lead to 23-22 on a kill by Abby Smith. However, the Gators responded by winning the final two points of the set to win by three as a hitting miscue by the Shorewomen ended the second.
- The Gators led by as many as nine points in the third set on two occasions before going on to win by six. Sara Few ended the match with a kill.
For The Shorewomen (7-13)
- Jenna Daunoras (four blocks and hit .444), Laura Cochrane (four blocks), Abby Hilty (13 digs), Lauren Zedlar (13 assists and two aces), Isabella Sansanelli (six kills and two aces)
- The Shorewomen had five service aces and eight blocks in the match.
- WC hit .040 in the contest.
For Notre Dame (Md.) (16-2)
- Kayleigh Davis (match-highs of 17 kills and three aces), Few (match-best 37 assists to go along with 10 digs and team-high three blocks), Ivanella Figueroa (19 digs to top all participants)
- Notre Dame had seven aces and three blocks.
- The Gators hit .221 on the night.
10/12 @ Dickinson – 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Matches)
- Washington has won the past two and six of the last eight meetings.