Maxwell Sets Career-Best in Kills with 11
CARLISLE, Pa. – Host Dickinson rallied from losing the opening set to take the next three sets in a 3-1 (22-25, 25-14, 25-20, 25-16) win over visiting Washington College on Saturday afternoon in a Centennial Conference volleyball match at the Kline Center. The Red Devils improve to 11-7 overall and 3-3 in the Centennial while the Shorewomen fall to 7-14 and 1-4 respectively.
Dickinson 3 Washington College 1 (22-25, 25-14, 25-20, 25-16)
How It Happened
- Tied 20-20 in the first set, the Shorewomen won five of the last seven points to win by three as they clinched it on a kill.
- In the second set, Dickinson led 15-11 following a Washington timeout and won 10 of the final 13 points to pull away for an 11-point win. A kill by the Red Devils ended the second set.
- Dickinson led 19-17 before winning six of the last nine points of the third set to win by five and finished the set with a block.
- The Red Devils closed out the fourth set and match with an 8-3 run and clinched the match with a kill.
For The Shorewomen (7-14, 1-4 CC)
- Courtney Maxwell (11 kills to set career-high and hit .400), Abby Smith (10 kills), Jenna Daunoras (three blocks), Isabella Sansanelli (two aces), Lauren Zedlar (13 assists)
- Shorewomen had four service aces and five blocks in the match.
- WC hit .092 in the contest.
For Dickinson (11-7, 3-3 CC)
- Emma Lange (match-best 13 kills), Morgan Biggs (11 kills), Kristin Allgaier (34 assists and 11 digs), Christina Chu (four aces), Kylie Albertsen (four blocks), Tatiana Lopez (15 digs), Jamie Singer (11 digs)
- Dickinson had nine aces and blocks on the day.
- The Red Devils hit .248 on the night.
- Prior to today Maxwell's prior high was six at Bryn Mawr on September 25, 2019 in a three-set win for the freshman.
10/16 @ Haverford – 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Match)