Five Washington Players Reach Double Figures in Kills
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting Ursinus' Kelly Piotrowicz tallied a triple-double with 13 kills, 17 assists and 17 digs in a 3-1 (21-25, 27-25, 26-24, 25-19) win over host Washington College on Wednesday night in a Centennial Conference volleyball match at the Cain Athletic Center. The Bears improve to 7-17 overall and 1-8 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen drop to 7-18 and 1-8 respectively.
Ursinus 3 Washington College 1 (21-25, 27-25, 26-24, 25-19)
How It Happened
- Tied at 17-17 in the first set, Washington won eight of the final 12 points to win the first set by four points. An attack error by Ursinus put WC ahead 18-17 and a service ace by Abby Hilty ended the opening set.
- Hilty put the Shorewomen ahead 24-22 in the second set following an ace before the Bears rallied to win the second set by winning five of the final six points. Tied at 25-25, Miranda Foster notched back-to-back kills to even the match at a set apiece.
- Kylie Peets and Jenna Daunoras teamed up on a block to give WC a 24-22 lead and for the second straight set Ursinus would rally to win the set, this time scoring the final four points. Isabelle Deal and Foster combined for a block to make it 25-24 Bears and Katie Cressman ended the third set with a finisher.
- Leading 16-15 in the fourth set, the Bears went on a 10-4 run to close the match, winning it on a service error by the Shorewomen.
For The Shorewomen (7-18, 1-8 CC)
- Courtney Maxwell (13 kills to tie for match-best), Isabella Sansanelli and Peets (10 kills), Daunoras (10 kills and match-high six blocks), Abby Smith (15 digs and 10 kills), Jenny Kabrick (13 digs), Hilty (13 digs), Cassie Kowalski (13 digs), Lauren Zedlar (match-high 31 assists), Jensyn Hartzell (career-best 23 assists)
- Shorewomen had six service aces and seven blocks in the match.
- WC hit .245 in the contest.
For Ursinus (7-17, 1-8 CC)
- Piotrowicz (13 kills, 17 assists and 17 digs in addition to three aces), Rachel Girard (13 kills and 13 digs), Grace Sullivan (17 digs), Luca Walborn (21 assists and 12 digs), Foster (four blocks)
- Ursinus had nine aces and six blocks in the victory.
- The guests hit .206 on the evening.
- Daunoras was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewoman Player of the Match during the broadcast.
11/2 @ Muhlenberg – 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)
- Season finale.